Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wednesday came, and Wednesday went

Busy day.

Awoke to a Libby mess in the kitchen, today. She got into the garbage. I knew something was up when she wouldn't let me pass by the front door, insisting that I let her out immediately. "Whine, whine, oooh I gotta go outside RIGHT now..." She says Smudge did it, but I'm not buying it. See you try to domesticate these creatures, but when it comes right down to it - they're really just animals.

The office was the usual collection of surprises. I cut my thumb late this afternoon on the way out to make the DFF bank deposits, and needed a couple of bandaids to stop the bleeding. No biggie, but I left all the stuff out, b/c I was running about an hour late due to an unexpected ministry visit that preceded the incident. Fast forward to the bank line where my boss calls, worried about finding the office shut down, the first aid kit out, and no note. Ha! He sounded genuinely concerned! I wonder if I'm accident prone. Or perceived by others to be, at least.

So the hour lost ended being robbed from today's VG soccer game. I arrived around five to find it had started half an hour early (at 4), and that game was nearly over. Score: 3-1 Copenhagen. Sackets managed a late second half comeback and scored again despite every call going against them. Then they just missed the tying goal two minutes before the final buzzer. Valiant effort girls. No shutout for the Golden Knights. They start sectionals next Tuesday or Wednesday. We'll get back to you on that.

Kids are off at Depauville's Youth Group tonight. Rose is tied up with a paper, but she's been largely unavailable anyway. Basketball season. It's like a whole new world. It's exciting, but I don't have to like living there.

Talked to Tom again today. He has officially banned me from answering the phone at church with a Good morning/afternoon designation. Claims it's too divisive. He suggested the simple phrase "Good Day". I had to promise him I'd try it out on the next call, to get off the phone. Then he claimed he had to go. Nothing unusual there, he calls on a whim and disconnects quickly. Our calls are short and sweet, but I like 'em. Sure enough the phone rings again in less than a minute. I picked it up and promptly and professionally responded "Good Day!", and totally confused Dave calling from the new church. I laughed and explained the situation, so he had to call up Tom and let him have it. If you have his number, why not call him up and let him have a "Good Day!" as well.

Hope you enjoyed yesterday's guest quote. I'll keep exploring the world for you and let you know what I find. Today's quote is from my friend Katherine. It's not funny, sorry. Sometimes life isn't. But I hope it makes you think. My emphasis is added to the parts that spoke to me in my situations this week.

"Some people think that they are not responsible when they offend other people. The other person is, because they have received the offense. I think what someone says to you is powerful. You can choose to not be offended but the person is still responsible for their words...We need to know each other and be gracious with one another. If we think that our words don't matter because the other person always has the choice to be offended or not, we are deceived. God wants us to edify one another..."

Thanks Kate, I needed it. Katherine's whole post is at her blog. Her link is on the right...

Know you are loved,

MOM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home