Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Friday, September 23, 2005

WAITING IT OUT

Thanks for all of your prayers kiddos, I believe things are looking better on all fronts. Now we just have to wait it out. I know there's flooding again in New Orleans, but think about it: there's no one there (they're all gone), and maybe it'll wash away some of the debris that they haven't cleaned up yet. They'll just have to pump it out again next week, and they're back in business. Maybe they'll spend their downtime this weekend designing a levee that won't collapse every time they get a couple of feet of rain! It's not like it doesn't happen down there every other week! Lately.

But anyhoo, we're down to a Cat 3 and slightly eastwardly turned landing now, sparing my island paradise fantasy for the time being. Thank you Jesus. I have given Him Glory on my annual report booklet cover, quoting Ps 32:8, "He calms the seas to a whisper and stills the waves", with a picture of Rita's eye featured prominently in the background. It's just a prototype, but it may not make the final cut. Come on down to our annual meeting on Sunday after church and find out! And get your collector's edition of our Annual Reports 2005. Signed if you wish!

Sarah's team was victorious once again, high school sports fans. They defeated the visiting Belleville team 4-1. The lone goal scored against SH was again due to a pile up in front of the goal of SH defenders. It makes it very hard for Sa to see anything, but hey! Whaddya gonna do? They're still doing great. The game was so beset with mosquitoes, spectators were volunteering to be the ball boy to insure they would keep moving and avoid bites. Unfortunately for them, John had it covered. I hid in the car and read my paper, which made a handy swatter.

How was MY day? Well, truthfully I had a pretty stressful day today, campers. First I got like 48 phone calls. Rapid fire. Phone would ring, I'd deal with it, hang up and the phone would ring again. I accomplished nothing in the way of real work. In 1 hour and 45 minutes I had answered the phone 26 times, and if I was a swearing person, would have sworn I don't know maybe 23 times. I did make noises and squeezed the phone a lot, so I guess I was swearing in my heart. :/ Then to make matters worse, Onion stole my lunch money and Derek called my Mother names. Yeah. Nothing left to do but go to sleep and hope for a better day tomorrow. But it not going to be "good" because I have to work now, because I didn't finish the reports and ballots and everything. I did finish the bulletin. woot. That's it, no capital letter or anything.

*Sigh.

I need sleep. And a few days off. Sooooon.

But all that doesn't change the fact that God is in control and you are loved more than you know,

mom



Sonny Says: There's no Santa Claus, deal with it.



DISAPPEAR
Bebo Norman

On a day like this I want to crawl beneath a rock
A million miles from the world, the noise, the commotion
That never seems to stop
And on a day like this I want to run away from the routine
Run away from the daily grind that can suck the life right out of me
I know of only one place I can run to

I want to hide in You The Way, the Life, the Truth
So I can disappear
And Love is all there is to see coming out of me
And You become clear as I disappear

I don't want to care about earthly things
Be caught up in all the lies that trick my eyes
They say it's all about me, I'm so tired of it being about me

I would rather be cast away...
Separated from the human race,
If I don't bring You glory, If I don't bring You glory,
If I don't bring You glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home