Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Getting Free -r

Everything's going well today. I have a haircut scheduled later, which I expect will go fine. Everyone else got cut on Sunday in the Great Maxon Hair Shed event that took place at the Land following the later service. Dad and JD went with short and shorter - we successfully held off granting John's Bald wish again. Sarah had a trim - she has quite the length going and she'd like to keep it going. Steve's was the biggest transformation (who looks fantastic??? Steve does!!!), although to be fair I'm not done yet (I'm not holding out for the Haircut MVP though). I opted for a real appt with a chair that goes up and down and sinks. Call me old-fashioned. Go ahead, it's not like I can really hear you, and it's not that big an insult anyway. Remember, God can still hear you though. Yeah - so Steve looks amazing! Wish I could show you a picture - but truth be told if it weren't for Mike and Rose you wouldn't evening be seeing me over there. They're working on getting a shot of Sonny up too. Everyone thanks you Mike & Rose.

Sarah's SHV Soccer 05 season progresses on. They came in 2nd against the first place team (they're ranked 4 or 5) in the Belleville Henderson tournament over the weekend. The final went into quadruple overtime. It was crazy. Next time, Sarah! :) Tomorrow they play Copenhagen. Grrrrrr. In a loving Christian way, of course.

Today is actually Primary Day and I get to go the Election HQ's later to tally the county returns. The last time I went was when George Bush was re-elected I believe. Rose and I staffed the phones to counterbalance the liberal team of Mike, Nikki and I believe Nate - although I kind of don't remember for sure if it was Nate or Evan or Danno for that matter. To be fair the third extra in any event usually gets forgotten. And if you're guest starring on any Star Trek - then he's the one who gets killed. Usually by some disgusting alien that crawls into his ear and ...my goodness I can digress. Ok, so at 6:45 I get to do my civic duty. I only hope I can sign up for Jury Duty while I'm there. Mrs. Gmitter is accompanying me to take Rose's place. YES!!! We could easily take over the world working together. I'm driving - so she's Louise tonight. That makes me Thelma for those of you who are totally lost.

We've been having quite the debate over on Steve's journal lately concerning personal freedoms versus individual responsibility. Some people want to get all heady and say to forfeit our personal rights for any reason is political heresy and mocks the very fabric of our country. I understand why they say that, but here's what I said on Saturday:
Background: I stated that personal freedoms are highly overrated. I can care about yours - but I cannot put my own above yours. And vice versa.

Christ gave up all of His personal rights to die for MINE - and the moment I accepted that sacrifice, it became my vehicle out of my old selfish, self-centered, hell-bound lifestyle. We all - or most of my readership - have experienced that same journey. It's called our salvation testimony. But the transformation from "User" to "Servant" doesn't come overnight. The sin goes, but the choices begin... that's why the Word is so important in our lives. We need to read what He left us, the Bible, and apply it to our lives. If it says not to cause others to stumble with our freedoms - which it does in 1Cor 8:9 - then don't! It's not about us - it's about Him wanting others to see Him through us.

If you don't get a hold of anything else out of all of this, get this. Jesus didn't deserve to die, He didn't even have to die - He chose to die. Because of the deep Amazing Love that He has for YOU. When that WORD hits your REALITY you will never be the same. We are capable of experiencing that Love, AND sharing it with others just by the way we conduct ourselves. "And they'll know we are Christians by our love." And yes,it's worth it.


Know you are loved,

MOM

Sonny Says: Go Vote! And always save your blog - blah, blah...

Finding You

everything is alright, everything is so bright

and the sun is shining beautiful
everyone is singing, everyone is dreaming
and the world is so colorful
When You look back at me, yeah You know it makes me sing

i'm finding You, in everything that shines

i'm finding You, in between the lines
i'm finding You, You open up my eyes, every time,
cause Your Love is so alive

Maybe You could stop time,
hanging on to daylight Doesn't ever have to go away.
I could sing a new song, maybe get the words wrong,
But You know just what I want to say
Cause when You look at me,You know I still believe...



When broken things, are given wings They fly away -You make me say...

2004 Bebo Norman

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home