Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Where are we and what are we doing here?

It occurred to me, you might be wondering how I got here, or even why I got here. It's not like I have so few opportunities to express my viewpoints. I'm talking all the time! Just ask anyone who lives with me... or visits frequently.

Actually this was a bit of a fluke. Mike's blog (where Rose's days are posted) wouldn't allow comments (he was trying to eliminate spammers) one night, unless you were a blogger. Jere's Djereometer had asked me to become a blogger before, but he set up an special sign in account for me so that I could circumvent it. If I'd been patient, Mike's (the Galley) works like that too, now. Fortunately I can set up my own accounts now. That computer degree from JCC in '77 has finally come in handy. That, and Sarah got me started. She was here with me at work the next day when I posted on my own. So now I can do fancy things like link my scriptures to an online bible program, or my songs to places where you might be able to hear parts of them, or even buy them. I have the capability, I just don't always do it. I'm working on consistency.

My favorite thing about posting is how many of us are doing it now.
Steve, Jere, Tom, Rose/Mike, Sarah, Brian, my brother Dave, and his kids Philip and Rachel. It's not like we have nothing else to do or anything, but it's helps us feel more connected. Hope it helps you too.

So thanks for all of the encouragement. I hope you all have a great weekend. Try the Prime Rib - I'll be back on Tuesday. Ba Da-Da Dum.

Know you are loved,

MOM

BORROW MINE
Bebo Norman's Try CD

Take my hand and walk with me a while
Cause it seems your smile - has left you.
And don't give in, when you fall apart,
And your broken heart - has failed
you'll set a light up On a hilltop
To show you my love For this world to see

You can borrow mine
When your hope is gone
Borrow mine When you can't go on'
Cause the world will not defeat you
When we're side by side
When your faith is hard to find
You can borrow mine

Take my love when all that you can see
Is the raging sea all around us.
And don't give up 'cause I'm not letting go,
And the God we know will not fail us!
We'll lay it all down - As we call out
Sweet Savior help our unbelief.
When you are weak Unable to speak
You are not alone
The God who has saved us Will never forsake us
He's coming to take us Take us to our home

2004 Bebo Norman

I'm adding a little feature I like to call Sonny Says. Sonny is the official mascot of Mom's Blog. He's a very wise goat I won in a bar bet. I'll work at getting a picture for you.

Sonny Says: Always save your blog before posting. Every single time. Also, eating a teaspoonful of peanut butter will get rid of hiccups.

Disclaimer: If you are allergic to peanut butter and follow this advice, you may experience worse problems than a few diaphram spasms. Always use common sense when applying livestock medical advice. The views of this goat do not necessarily reflect the views of the host, their sponsors, or any other animal on the planet.


8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home