Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Friday, September 02, 2005

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Just a quick hello. I don't have any testimonies for you yet, but I am working on a couple. This is the last weekend before school starts and both of the kids are looking forward to getting back to their regular routines. It will simplify my life a bit, too, as I have been dragging one or the other of them to work with me for the last week. I had Rose in here a lot too, during her last month at home. At times, I'm sure my boss was wondering if I'd lost my mind. But, hey, we all know the answer to that one....

The kids have a Church Conference all weekend, and probably won't be around a lot. That's probably for the best, as our house is a certifiable wreck. Four adults moved out, but for the most part, they didn't take as much as they could have, so their rooms look like complete chaos. It's just not the look I'm going for right now.

Last weekend I kept my mind off stuff by cleaning the fridge, small freezer and large freezer. I had reorganized the pantry a bit earlier in the week. So now I know what we need at the store at least. If I keep after the kitchen we may start being able to eat at the table again. It's been a long while.

I have been able to word back from AL that the Piggy's and Sweets are safe and reasonably sound. Josh lost some of his roof, but everyone's ok. Dave (Uncle Piggy) has been playing the same fun game we all are right now, it's called "let's see if I can save a few cents per gallon further down the road...". I don't think he has won the game yet, but my money's on him anyway. Time to hit the road.

Know you are loved,

MOM

Nothing Without You
Bebo Norman
Take these hands and lift them up
For I have not the strength to praise You near enough
For I have nothing, I have nothing without You

Take my voice and pour it out
Let it sing the songs of mercy I have found
For I have nothing, I have nothing without you

Chorus:
All my soul needs Is all Your love to cover me
So all the world will see That I have nothing without You

Take my body and build it up
May it be broken as an offering of love
For I have nothing,I have nothing without You

All my soul needs Is all Your love to cover me
So all the world will see That I have nothing
But I love You...With all my heart, With all my soul,
With all my might, With all the strength that I can find

Take my time here on this earth
And let it glorify all that You are worth
For I am nothing,I am nothing without You



3 Comments:

  • At Friday, September 02, 2005 1:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like that song. I need that sense of worthlessness today. I have been too angry for too long about things that I have no right to be angry about at church. Who am I to be angry?

     
  • At Friday, September 02, 2005 10:41:00 PM, Blogger R's Mom said…

    Do you have the cd or are you just reading the words? Because I'll send you one. I just ordered two more yesterday. It's Bebo Norman's Try album. It's been ministering to me exclusively for over a week. If you have never heard it, you can listen to a blurb of it by following the link from his other song on yesterday's post

     
  • At Friday, September 02, 2005 10:51:00 PM, Blogger R's Mom said…

    I totally forgot to mention that Steve's added that song to our book and it's in his next set. It is formally known now as #65.

    Hey, and I won at the gas game today. We had one station in the city which couldn't reset prices above $2.99, so they just sold out their supply. I got in line and only had to wait about ten minutes to fill up. Everywhere else it's $3.59! Wahoo! Wait, I can't believe I'm celebrating $2.99. Please wake me up, someone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home