Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Chhaa chaa chha changes...

Things are a little different around here. I used to think quiet time was an unattainable goal in our house, but after seeing four off to college in the last two weeks, quiet ain't quite what it was always cracked up to be. We are now a 2.5 child family (I'm generously allotting a quarter point for both Libby and Smudge). Dinner has leftovers. What is that about?

Last night, Sarah and John and I went to play tennis at JCC, but there wasn't a fourth available, so it was kind of difficult. John played pretty well for a first timer. With a little more practice, he'll make a great foe. Sarah already beats me half the time- we ended at 3 games each at sundown. She just has to work on her serve. But not too much, too soon though, or I'll be left to chase their balls because I couldn't keep up with either one of them.

Also yesterday, the price of gas jumped up 50 cents a gallon, so it looks like we'll be doing a lot less driving around for spontaneous tennis matches or milk runs. Don't even get me started about price gouging. Nothing in this world can convince me that this price spike is needed or justified.

Thought for the day: The SpongeBob Square Pants cartoon makes me feel uncomfortable...who's with me?

Mom

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home