Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

WEEKEND PLANS?


Not much on the docket for the end of this week. I have been organizing the house a room at a time, and I'm still stuck in the kitchen. I'm hoping this weekend to tackle the back room, so that anyone who wants to could walk out there and take a tour. I hope to take the tour myself to find my winter coat, the long black wool one, as that's where we store winter boots and such. If I ever finish that room, I plan to move onto the bigger and better plans, which I'm sure none of you are reaalllly interested in, even if you were dead bored and chained to your computer.

On another subject, I have most everyone's college schedule now, the holdouts being Steve and Jere. But I do know they both have Fridays free. They worked it out that way - comes with experience I guess. I like checking schedules before bothering someone on Im or the phone or whatever. I've been trying to keep in touch at the mailbox too. Everyone loves getting stuff. I have sent small packages to everyone except Steve so far, but he's home every weekend (whose got some Mike & Ike's waiting for him....?). Rose has received more than the others, because she is NEEEEEEEDY. Or maybe it makes me feel more NEEEEEEDED. Note to Rose: your pants and cd are in the mail, your calc notes will come up next week with Dad and Gr. on Tuesday's Dr's appt.

We all (Dad, JD and I) went to the season opening home game for SHCS Varsity Girl's Soccer yesterday. Sarah was in the goal for the Lady Patriots facing third ranked Lyme. When we got there, 2/3's of the way through the first half, SH was leading 1-0. We saw Sa make a number of saves (eventually 19 altogether!). The second half saw Sackets add two more goals to win 3-0, and record Sarah's first shutout. Not bad for the fourth or fifth ranked team by the Times. BAH!! Woot! Woot!

Next weekend Sarah's team heads to DeRyder for a tournament, while John's class goes to Beaver Camp for an overnighter Ropes Course. Dad and I are headed up to Potsdam for a Parents Weekend, I think. It's a good thing gas prices are falling, albeit slowly. We're down .20 cents to $3.39 now in most of the city, although I read it's the same price in Canton. The Attorney General is investigating our overnight $1.00 price hike last week, so maybe we'll get some justice.

If you have opportunity, I hope that you will give a listen to this Sara Groves song off of her All Right Here cd. It's quite jazzy and fun musically, but of course the meaning is what is so important. It reminds me of what Bob Bennett says in Man of the Tombs: "he mistakes his freedom for being free." Freedom isn't free, whether it's our Political and Social Freedoms we tend to take for granted, or our Spiritual Freedom, which we pretty much just avoid talking about altogether.

The enemy would like to keep us off the subject, and we cooperate because it's not a comfortable place for us. Freedom costs something - for some of us, it cost a lot. Inviting the Lord into our wounded hearts is risky for us - and it is painful - I can tell you from personal experience. But it's as worth it as the pain of childbirth was. The pain goes; the fruit remains. And the best part is that the pain - and the control that the pain had over us -never comes back. Can you tell we're preparing for the SFS? We need to appreciate and guard all of our freedoms.

Thank You, Jesus.

MOM


YOU DID THAT FOR ME
SARA GROVES
I DON’T HAVE TO CRY ANY MORE,
I DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT’S IN STORE.
I’VE WALKED THAT ROAD, EXHAUSTED AND POOR,
I DON’T HAVE TO CRY ANY MORE.

AND I DON’T HAVE TO KNOW IT ALL.
I DON’T HAVE TO BE SO PROUD AND STAND SO TALL.
I’VE CLIMBED THAT MOUNTAIN ONLY TO FALL.
I DON’T HAVE TO KNOW IT ALL.

YOU DID THAT FOR ME,
OH YOU DID THAT FOR ME.
YOU WORE THE CHAINS SO I COULD BE FREE.
YOU DID THAT FOR ME.

I DON’T HAVE TO BE ASHAMED,
HANG MY HEAD, AND SHOULDER THE BLAME.
WONDERING IF MY LIFE’S BEEN IN VAIN…
I DON’T HAVE TO BE ASHAMED.

MAN OF SORROWS, WELL ACQUAINTED WITH GRIEF,
BROUGHT DOWN TO THE CITY DUMP
SPREAD EAGLED ON A CROSSBEAM
PROPPED UP LIKE A SCARECROW,
NAILED LIKE A THIEF,
– THERE FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE

YOU WORE THE CHAINS SO I COULD BE FREE…
YOU DID THAT FOR ME

© 2003 SARA GROVES









8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home