Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

GALVESTON REVISITED

Taking a little lunch break at church to post. Trying to catch up with all of the annual reports and make twelve people sound sort of consistent. After sixteen pages, I need a break.

Just got off the phone with Jere. He shared some of the latest updates on Hurricane Rita. I put the latest image on my desktop to get a real good look at it. Please pray. I have no gloom or doom commentary, or blame placement with or without scripture back-up (although if you haven't read my brother's Dave's Journal (9/4/05) Sermon about Katrina, you should. I leave that sort of stuff to the ones who are qualified. Me, I just feel in my spirit - Enough! I'm speaking (in prayer) to that storm "Enough! Go blow out to sea, and make some new troughs down on the ocean floor." I'm praying for protection and safety for the 6 million people who will be affected by this thing if it comes in at a Cat 5 at Galveston/Houston, where the projection is now. Jere said if Saffir Simpson had a higher category, Rita would qualify. I used to live in Galveston, but y'all probably already knew that. I have always wanted to go back there sometime, so I have a personal interest in their preservation. Selfish, I know. But part of me was formed down there. Maybe even a part of me that is now part of you. You never know. So anyway, I ask you to join with me in prayer for this area, and our country. and it's leadership.

John was given a green light on his Bible Club at SCHS. YES! He will begin holding meetings on Mondays. His curriculum is on the way, and he has already made his worship tape using Keith Green stuff mostly. Keith was new to the scene when Dad and I first got saved. He was such an uncompromising voice in those early days. Who knows, maybe he's one of the vehicles God used to help us prevail in our uphill struggles during our early days. His Record Album/CD is/was called No Compromise, and has been completely revamped and is still available 30 years later in a different form is all. Woot to John! Press on Bubba. You bless me silly.

Another game tonight. "Post" game stats will be available tomorrow. Sarah's is doing fantastic. And she doesn't even like soccer! She's still in first place in the Goalie standings. And her hair is awesome, too! Very long and gorgeous! It's picture day today! That's what made me think of it! Rose'll be home in a couple of weeks for the October break. We talk a lot, and she's the inspiration for my song choice today. Not the whole thing - just the part about being somewhere north of here, and missing her and all. She is very busy all the time, and very tired. But I'm pretty sure she's loving it.

Stephen is too. He enjoys his teaching job, and was searching diligently for a Dollar Store yesterday for "prizes" for today's' class. I'll see him Friday sometime after he comes home from Syracuse. Tommy is posting regularly now. He's going to be turning 21 next week (9/28, only 6 shopping days left!). There will be an Elim National Youth Conference called Saturate, that our Teen Group will be attending the day after his birthday and through that weekend. So he's letting them sleep in his basement Fri. and Sat. I don't know when Dad and I will get down to see him, but we'll be there sometime in the next couples of weeks, somehow. In the meantime John and Sarah and Aunt Kathy and RaeAnne will be our ambassadors. To make up for not seeing him, I went out and bought the Death Cab for Cutie cd he referenced in a recent post and sent it down. He seemed surprised but pleased. :/ ?

Jere's due home for church this weekend with Karen. He's coming for the Annual Meeting, really. He says he wants to "second something!" I told him to shoot for Firsting Something. Aim for the top. I haven't seen Jere since I dropped him off on August 12. Way long time ago...in Mommy days. Maybe afterwards we can drive over to Burrville and send him back with to Oswego with some fresh cider. OK catch up/lunch break is over. Time to move along.

Know you are loved,

MOM

...and now a few words of wisdom from my goat Sonny, whom I won in a bar bet.
Sonny Says: I want my own room.

Somewhere North of Here
Caedmon's Call

It's a muggy night in Houston
And all the intersections are like full serve stations
I'm on my way to a familiar place
It's cold in Kansas City
And you can no more hear me - than I can see your face
How I wish it was just you and me
We wouldn't have to talk about the crowd

We wouldn't have to talk so loud

I give you my life and all I am
But what have it to give
So I hand you a candid photograph of this little boy
'Cause I've nothing to my name
But I can give you that

I don't miss the driving
Seems like forever and I'm always driving in my mind
And wearing out the road that gets me there
And I'm driving till my eyes just can't see straight

But I suppose that it's getting late
I may never find the sleep

I've lost all feeling in my hands
and Feet may touch the ground
but My mind's somewhere north of here

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, September 23, 2005 9:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1 - John attends SHCS.

    2 - The Death Cab cd is resplendant. I was both surprised and pleased, and through the magic of music piracy the cd is bringing joy to the lives of others as well. Housemate Ted hasn't stopped listening to it, and it's a popular choice in the CornerStore.

    3 - Many people say they're going to sleep in my basement, but few have actually contacted me to solidify plans. This is dangerous. That is all.

     
  • At Friday, September 23, 2005 10:35:00 AM, Blogger R's Mom said…

    On Issue #2 Do not tell me that you are pirating my gift to you. I gave it to you so that you wouldn't pirate it for yourself. And you know how strongly I feel about that issue. If they like it, they should be willing to support the group not steal from them. Stop the enabling madness.

    On Issue #1 - good eye Tommy - good eye. Althoughs Sackets Central has a ring to it.

    #3 I'll pass on your concerns to the the powers that be asap! :)
    Live long and prosper...in Jesus.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home