Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

ROSIE EVE

Not a long post tonight, campers. I talk too much anyway, so I'm self medicating before someone complains in a constructive criticism kind of way and hurts my feelings. I forgot to mention that the haircut came out fine, but I didn't win Haircut MVP - Steve did. Most deserving I assure you.

The soccer game was exciting and there was no score for three quarters of the game when suddenly - its always suddenly - Copenhagen's Tricia Sullivan kicked a shot on goal. There were two other defenders in front of Sarah and in the confusion it got by her. There's a great shot of her in tonight's sport's section grimacing at the ball as it trickled into the net behind her. Her team wasn't able to convert any of their numerous opportunities, so they lost 1-0. Next time Sarah! So they're 4-2-1 for the season so far and she's in first place in the goalie standings!

Tonight of course, is Thursday, Sept 15, which makes it Rosie Eve. Tomorrow begins Parent's Weekend at Potsdam, and we take off sometime after noon and plan to stay all weekend. Aunt Sherry is graciously providing us with a room for two nights since Tim is away at college, and she's giving us the off season rates! Ha! Just joshing ya'll. She charging full rates. So we're planning a full schedule with Rosie! Who's excited??? Rose is! Sorry just making fun of one of Rose's favorite expressions. We're excited, too. We'll be home Sunday night after we go to church with her to fully check things out. Can't be too careful.

That'll have to do guys. John's away at Beaver Camp's SHCS's Eighth Grade Bonding Ropes Course, so it's pretty quiet here. He'll be back tomorrow after we're gone, but Steve'll be home by then to pick him up. Or course, by then Sarah will have left for her Soccer tournie in DeRuyter. She comes back Sat night, while Steve's at his Young Adult's meeting. So we'll have to find her a ride home I guess...we should get a revolving door on our home.

Ok off to watch Survivor, I'm betting on the fat guy. I don't know any of them, but there's always a fat guy. And a gay guy, and a liar. I know about the liar already at least.

Later,

Love, Mom


Sonny Says: I just got a promotion!!!! I am now officially the cornerstone of Rosie's dowry! YES!!! I mean BAAHHHH!


Other Side of Day
Bebo Norman

Was it You who spoke the earth be
And wrapped it all in mystery
for the taking, for the taking.
Was it me who turned away my soul?
From evidence so beautiful
That You gave me, that You gave me.

When I've fallen in the shadows of the sun
Only You remain the hope of what's to come

Because on a night like tonight
You bring me to life
And remind me there's another side of day
Where I can see all that You are
More than a sky full of stars
And the worries of this world will fade away
on the other side of day


Is it time that gets the best of us?
Reminding all the rest of us
That's it's fading, yeah it's fading
But You still hold the hands of time
And pave the way of paradise
Will You take me, will you take me?

Cause the world is just a shadow of the sun
Only You remain the hope of what's to come.

Where all who are alone, finally make it home
To a world of wonder...
And love is not a lie, and all who seek will find
The search is finally over!

© 2004 Apstreet Publishing

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, September 16, 2005 9:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The first time the fat guy, the gay guy, and the liar were the same person, and it won!

     
  • At Friday, September 16, 2005 1:18:00 PM, Blogger Rose said…

    Did you know?

    Dowry can either be paid by the groom or to the groom?

    In the Bible the groom had to give it to the father in order to marry the woman.

    But it's modern translation is money or property brought by a bride to her husband at marriage.

    I assume we're going by the second translation. So in that case, can I have Libby too?!?

     
  • At Monday, September 19, 2005 9:18:00 PM, Blogger R's Mom said…

    I do remember - that was Rich. He's now a convicted tax evader, too.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 20, 2005 11:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's not the modern meaning of it really. In Africa and the Middle East, it still means the price a groom must pay for a bride.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home