Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

AND THE WINNER IS...

I promised contest results tonight, in the 9/27 Panda Buffet Match the Fortune Cookie to the Right Maxon Game.
...drum roll please....
Congratulations to Rose, who beat out three other contenders for the grand prize of a giant ("I don't know what kind I want yet...") Candy Bar. Second place goes to Uncle Piggy whose Snickers bar is being put into the mail tomorrow morning. Our third place finisher is Katherine Widrick, and although there was no official prize, she did did get monster cookies from me this week (thanks to my deliverers, Karen [and Jere?]). Stephen came in fourth and brought me flowers yesterday. In return I did most of his laundry and also awarded him monster cookies. But he would have gotten those things anyway. Thank you for the roses!

Tom didn't play and neither did Doot or Karen, but they all got cookies as well. Tom's are going out tomorrow...along with his spiffy new over 21 license and the rest of his mail. Actually Tom's birthday was the impetus behind all of the cookies to begin with. Grandma Maxon's cookies are still in the freezer, preserving their freshness. I'm sure she'd prefer them to be less fresh and in her freezer. I'll work on that.
Now here are the real answers:

1. A good memory is one trained to forget the trivial. - Sarah 2 Suits her.
2. Statistics are no substitute for judgment. - Sarah 1 Re: soccer?
3. Simplicity and clarity should be the theme in your dress. - Dad! Job interview tips?
4. Better ask twice than lose yourself once. - Grandma, she does gets fuzzy with directions
5. All the efforts you are making will ultimately pay off. -John - Bible Club?
6. Bide your time, for success is near. - Me! Yeah, right.

I posted the final scores a couple days ago as it turned out, because I had no more entries. However since then, Uncle Piggy was awarded another 1/2 point for being in first on the second day. I had to "go to the video tape" and verify entry times. Good help really is hard to find.

So the final standings were:

Rose 7 points
UP 6.5 points
Kate 4.5 points
Steve 3 points

Thanks for playing!

Love, Mom


Sonny Says: The best tip I have for you tonight is to eat up all of your dessert, because it's going to be a long three days.




Brand New Key
Melanie Safka

I rode my bicycle past your window last night
I roller skated to your door at daylight
It almost seems that you're avoiding me
I'm ok alone but you've got something I need
Well, I've gotta brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key
I think that we should get together
And try them out ya see
I've been lookin' around a while You got somethin' for me
Oh, I gotta brand new pair of roller skates You got a brand new key

I ride my bike, I roller skate, don't drive no car
Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far
For somebody who don't drive I've been all around the world
Some people say I've done all right for a girl
Oh yeah, yeah-yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah-yeah

I asked your mother if you were at home
She said yes, but you weren't alone
Oh sometimes I think that your avoiding me
I'm ok alone but you got something I need well

That's for you Steve. They just don't write 'em like that anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home