Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

IF IT'S THURSDAY IT MUST BE SURVIVOR

Evening Everyone:

Sorry I've been so busy at work, but at least I'm being a good steward of my church time. I promised I would post about my visit with my brother, Joe. And I shall. Tomorrow for shizzle. That's for Sizzle. She's my hero. She teaches me what's cool, now that my other informants have skipped town. Yes, I am well aware of how stupid I sound. But you know you wanna be me...

Yes, Tom, she's still in first place in the Class D goalie standings with 95 saves and only 10 goals against. Sackets is still tied for first, but these stats are this weeks Scorebox stats, but as of last Friday. Unfor., they lost both their games this week (Lyme 1-0 and ABay 2-0), so that'll prob change in next week's Scorebox. But for now, that's where they are. SHVG's are doing well.

Sizzle and John are away at the National Youth Saturate Conference which started tonight in Elim, and runs through lunchtime on Saturday. They are staying at Tommy's apt...in the basement. Yes, Tom - he of the recent birthday fame - expects 8 guests but only 5 will be arriving! Oh the drama that'll be unleashed...

You've probably heard that Tom turned 21 yesterday. We talked quite a few times throughout the day. First, fresh from his first of two birthday exams at 8:15 AM, and lastly after 11 PM. when I mentioned to him then that his birth arrival time was late at night. He wasn't aware of that. He was the 9:57 PM child. See, he's always been a night owl. The first four couldn't have been any different arrival wise. Steve arrived on the "first watch as the bible calls it" at 9:41 AM. Jere on the second at 1:32 PM. Tom on the third at 9:57 PM, and Rose on the fourth at 2:23 AM. Interesting, eh?

Anyway, don't worry, the Maxon homestead won't be empty for long; Rose is coming home for the weekend. It's about time. She left on August 26! She had dishes the night before, and (gasp!) didn't do them, because she was "packing" (as if). But I have saved them for her. It wasn't easy storing all of those dirty dishes, let me tell you.

Yeah, so John and Sarah are getting filled deeper and are finally going to stop fighting with each other all the time, and the dishes are finally going to get done. Does it get any better than this? Think long and hard before answering...because the correct answer is NO.

I have a Contest update for you Competition fans. In the Panda Buffet contest here are the latest standings:

Rose Maxon 7 pts.
Dave Sweet 6 pts

Katherine Widrick 4.5 pts
Steve Maxon 3 pts

The scoring isn't complicated. I award 2 points for each correct answer. And some extra points to early players. I won't share who had how many right because it's an unfair advantage to late players. Like if I were to tell you that someone had gotten none right, you could know what one set of incorrect probabilities were, so I won't do that. Yet.

Well that's all for now. I'm taking tomorrow off to prepare for the Queen's arrival and to make up for working 44 hours last week. I get paid for 30. There's no overtime, so it's off time instead. Yah for me, I'm off! And with Cain and Abel gone, I don't have to get up at 6:30 for the 7:05 school bus. Talk to you all soon.

Love, Mom



Sonny Says: When's TOM coming home?




One More Thing
sara groves

There's always just one more thing there's always another task
there's always I just have one more small favor to ask
and everything is urgent and everything is now
wonder what would really happen if I stopped somehow
I'll be there in a minute just a few places to go
you wake up a few years later and your kids are grown
and everything is important and everything is not
at the end of your life your relationships are all you've got

and love to me is when you put down that one more thing and say
I've got something better to do
and love to me is when you walk out on that one more thing and say
nothing will come between me and you
not even one thing

there will never be and end to, the request upon your time
its your place to stand up to the world and say you gotta rest awhile
and everything is important and everything is not
at the end of your life your relationships are all you've got
and love to me is when you put down that one more thing and say
I've got something better to do
and love to me is when you walk out on that one more thing and say
nothing will come between me and you...not even one thing
just one thing...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home