Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Things Aren't Always What They Seem

Greetings One and All or Any:

I know I don't usually post from home, mainly because I'm spoiled by the high speed at work, but I had a great afternoon and wanted to share it with you. Yes, you. It's just you and me, right?

It started out poorly. First of all it was raining, and we had a land service planned. Then church was a bit hectic. Service at the land usually is, but we compounded it with a luncheon afterwards, and squared that with an Annual Business Meeting after that. Stephen and Jere were better represented in the minutes for this year, due to their keen speed at nominating and seconding nominations. I was proud. But I left there very, very late. However, being a Mom of my word, I had a trip to Burrville to make with Jere and Karen. Of course Jere had to remind me of that, because my brain was pretty much mush after cleaning up after the ABM, and then spending thirty minutes looking for my purse. Turns out, someone stole it! But she returned it when confronted. HA! Just kidding, Bonnie Jean.

Burrville was gorgeous, and we had a great time out at the falls. They were quite impressive. Fall is usually low water time around here but due to the rains last weekend from Katrina, that wasn't the case. John, Jere, Karen and I enjoyed some fresh cider donuts on the ride home, and bought an extra bag to bribe Mr. Beull with. Long story. If it works, I'll fill you in. It was great to get to see and squeeze Jere again. It had been a long while. And I hope it won't be a long time again! We came back and checked in at Grandma's, where Dad was running the Monster Garage trying to fix Steve's brakes and Kate's air compressor, in between fighting off an intestinal thingy. It made for an interesting show.

While there, I spent a great deal of time trying to talk with Rose on the cell phone. But we kept getting disconnected. She was on her way home from a Emerging Leaders Retreat held all weekend, so we just agreed to talk later. Jere and Karen had to start back, so we came home and had a bite to eat before they got on the road. Didn't hear from Tom this weekend. I did get to spend a little time with Steve. That was good. I missed him last weekend.

Tomorrow is my day off, and I'm outta here! Got a little trip planned with my Mommy and Sister. We're going to visit my brother Joe. I haven't seen him since May. We always have a great time! Well, except for the metal detectors. I'll post about that Tuesday. To see Joe, we have to drive through Potsdam, so chances are fair I'll be seeing Rosie sometime afterwards. My Mom and I might take her and Mike to dinner somewhere if rings add up right. Oops, I meant if things add up right. You never know when time is going to get away from you. And cider, that kind of gets away from you too, don't you find? It's there, and then it's just not! Right? And the cider is especially good this year, so I hope I don't lose those bottles I got for my dear loved ones.

Ah enough fun. Know you are loved,

Mom



Sonny Says: I just found four bottles of cider in the fridge! YES!!!!! Oh and my tip for the day? Let's go with one of the commandments..."Honor your Father and Mother, that it may be well for you and for your future children."



How Is It Between Us?
sara groves

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed,
the wrong side of the room, the wrong side of the world.
Can't put my finger on the mood.
It's not melancholy, anger or the blues.
And I love my husband, my house, my job.
Couldn't be any better,
and really what else is there?
Then I realize I'm forgetting God,
and that's the root of all my misery.
Lord, first of all, how is it between You and me?

How is it between us? How is it between us?
When did I talk to You last, and what has happened since?
How is it between us? How is it between us?
When did I talk to You last, and what has happened?

When I wake up I am on my way,
reinventing the wheel and saving the day.
I have learned this lesson a thousand times,
I am the branch, and You are the vine.
Apart from You we are mice and men,
with our fancy dreams of grandeur and no way to get there.
Oh I can think about You now and then,
or I can make a mark on eternity.
Lord first of all, how is it, between You and me?

So let the wicked prosper, let the oceans roar,
let the mountains crumble, and fall into the sea.
There's something more important weighing on my mind.
Lord first of all, how is it between you and me?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home