Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Well, I have to thank you for all of your prayers, concerns, flowers and get well wishes during my recent cold. It was so sweet of you all. I'm on the mend now. I thought perhaps Sonny, my blog mascot, would take over in my absence, but like most subordinates, he took advantage of the situation and made himself scarce. When the cat's away...I didn't even get to share my cold with him.

Well. we're at the end of the Columbus Weekend Break, and I'm about to head out to take Rose back to Potsdam in a little while. We still have an orthodontist appt. at 2, but then it's home to load up and head out. Sarah's riding up with me, but only to spend time at Aunt Sherry's. I'll pick her up there after Gilmore Girls.

Take care

Love, MOM

Sonny Says: Actually I have no idea, he's still off someplace with Libby and Smudge checking out neighborhood skunks. Morons.

Here's one for Rosie...
Dance Myself To Sleep
Performed by Ernie & Bert
By Christopher Cerf/ Norman Stiles
Sung by Ernie, with comments from Bert

Sometimes I have trouble falling asleep. But it's not so bad. - Ernie, I'm trying to sleep.
I don't worry and I don't weep.- Ooooooh. In fact I'm glad....
Be-cause I get up off my pillowand I flip on the li-ight. - Ernieee!
I get down and get hip in the still of the night. - Turn off the light, Ernie.

I stretch and I yawn and then I breathe real deep,-
Ooooooh...and dance myself to sleep! - Don't dance, please don't dance...
I hoof around my beddie just a-tappin my toes. - He's dancing...
Before I know what's happened I'm a-ready to doze. - Oooh...
Got some partners I can count on called the Boogie Woogie Sheep - What?!?
I dance myself to sleep!

I gently rock-a-bye myself across the floor. - What are those sheep doing?
I turn and then I toss and then I start to snore. - Ernie!
My trusty little bugle helps me spread the news - Oh, not the bugle.
That I'm tappin' to "Taps"and I'm a-rarin' to snooze!

(Smokin' bugle routine by Boogie-Woogie Sheep begins, interspersed with comments by Bert) Ooooh, they're playing the bugle!
What are these sheep doing?Ernie...The sheep - they're tap dancing! Ernie, *please* take the sheep out, let me sleep. Ooooh.....
Wh-Where did the sheep get tap shoes?
Getaway, getaway, getaway, getaway!
Ernie, will you please tell the sheep to put my bed down!
Stop. Getaway from me, getaway, getaway, getaway!
Thank you. Waitaminit, wait! Don't take ME out!(bugle solo ends)

Well, I'm gettin' kinda drowsy so the moment has come - YOU'RE drowsy?
To grab my rubber duckie while the sheep take my chum - Take your chum!?!
Time to shuffle off to dreamland got a date to keep. - Where're you taking me?
We'll dance ourselves to sleep, oh yeah --- Wh-wait, what's going on?!?
We'll dance ourselves to sleep, wearin' our jammies. - What are these sheep...what are they doing? Get away!
We'll dance ourselves to sleep, and thank you, lambies. - They're taking me outside!
We'll dance ourselves to sleep! -Erniiiiiie!!!
(final bugle riff) (Ernie's trademark laugh, as Bert looks in from window with long-suffering expression.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home