Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

BRING BACK THOSE HAZY, LAZY, CRAZY DAYS OF SUMMER

Good Afternoon Campers:

Ok, ok, who stole the sun? I believe Underdog needs to be called, or perhaps that crack squad of superheros from Whose Line, because someone has stolen our sunshine and replaced it with endless clouds and drizzle. I can't live like this! Yesterday I stepped into a huge puddle and heard myself say, "Watch that first step, it's a doooozzie." from Groundhog Day. And our puddles have currents and riptides! What's with that?

Much has happened since the last posting. Rose got her Basketball schedule Thursday, and will be playing her first scrimmage on 10/27 against JCC in someplace called Watertown. Yeah! If you can make it, you will probably have a good time. I'll find the starting time and get it on a link for anyone who's interested. I think it's at 6PM.

Then I drove up to pick her up Friday for the weekend, because now that BB has started (as of today) she'll be unavailable for us little people. No more lazy nights watching movies with decaf mocha lattes, cuddling on the couch. Well not for a while anyway. Maybe Dave'll take up drinking coffee with me...after 26 years... Hmmm, nah! But, hey she wasn't cuddling with me anyway.

On the serious side, I want to thank everyone for their prayers for my sister-in-law Debbie. She was in a car accident we found out late Friday night, and suffered a fractured neck. It will be a long recovery period with ten weeks in a neckbrace, but she is going to be ok. They need prayer still though, so lift them up for healing, peace and financial concerns because she hadn't worked long enough to get health insurance into place. Thanks so much!

Also on the serious side, Rose, Sarah and I went to the Memorial Service in Sackets yesterday morning (Saturday) for Lt. Col. James. It was a emotionally wrenching day, still feeling pretty much like a roller coaster. We were crying, then laughing, then crying again. We stayed for the luncheon afterwards and were so very glad that we went. Later on that evening Rose and I joined Mike and his Mom for dinner. We had a good time, and hope to do it again very soon.

Back at home again, now, after dropping Rose at Potsdam this am. Got home in time to visit with Steve for a bit before he left for more places far away! His odometer will be rolling past 210,000 when he pulls into Rochester tomorow to listen to a brief being argued on Tuesday. He actually wrote his brief this summer while volunteering at the DA's office. Dave & I wish we could be there to hear it too. But I have to work at school again tomorrow morning and Dave's on the desk at the hotel. Same for Tuesday except I'll be at DFF.

Well in this place, there's one bathroom and one computer, and always a line waiting for both, so I have to close now. Libby's in the bathroom having a bath now, and Sonny's in line. Sarah's in line for the computer, so I'm going!

Know you are loved,

MOM




Sonny Says: LIBBY! MOVE IT, WOULD YA?


Oh, Mr. Sun

Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Please shine down on me.
Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Hiding behind a tree
These little children are asking you
To please come out so we can play with you.
Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Please shine down on, please shine down on,
Please shine down on me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home