Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Monday, November 14, 2005

I WISH...

- that I could put everyone at ease the way my husband does.
- that I could sing, harmonize, write songs, and think the way that Steve does.
- that I could reach God's heart and God's people the way that Jere does.
- that I could understand complex science and simple human nature the way that Tom does.
- that I could laugh and love with abandon the way that Rose does.
- that I could make people feel like they're the only person in the room the way that Sarah can.
- that I could obey God at any cost the way that John does.

- that I could drop anything at any time for just about anybody the way my Mom and sister Sherry do.
- that I will serve the Lord with all my heart at 70+, the way Jean does.
- that I could serve God well under the tryingest of times the way my brother Joe does.
- that I could express myself both in humor and God's Word the way my Pastor brother Dave does.
- that I was as generous as my Uncle Carl and the Cavallario's are.
- that I was a prayer warrior like the Harmers are.
- had a burden for the teens and unsaved like my sister Kathy does.
- was as sweet as my niece RaeAnne and my friends Kate N., Janelle, Ashley, Ginnie and Tejla are.
- had the patience, vision and calling to home school the way my sisters Susan, Janet, and Betsy do
- lived closer to my brothers John, Donnie and Joseph.

- that I could read and understand so many subjects and then eloquently communicate about them so that others felt enlightened but not inferior, the way Michael does.
- that I could pour my heart into little ones the way Jesus did and Karen does.
- that I could express my truest feelings so eloquently the way that Missy does.
- that I could touch so many people in so many different ways the way Job does.
- that I could walk through a trial of suffering with grace the way Katherine does.
- that I could write songs the way Bryce and the Sweet's do.
- that I could go into all the world and preach the gospel like Jesus told me to, like Ted, Ernie, Jodie and Rachael do.

- that I could love God's people the way my friends Paul and Cheryl do.
- that I could feel God's heart and love everyone the way my friend Bonnie Jean does.
- that I could trust God with all of my heart the way my friends Kim C. and Kimberly McC. do.
- that I could teach the way my friends Marjorie and Kim McC. do.
- that I could make a Bacon Blue pizza the way my friends the Cavallarios do (Well, I do!).
- that I could walk through a trial victoriously and give all the glory to God the way my friends Jim and Meghan did.

- that I could put power behind my principals the way our boys Cris, Robbie, Paulie, Chad and Tom do every day in Iraq.


But because I have all of you in my life - I am complete...
I am truly blessed.

"God Is Able"

God is able to make all grace abound to you.
God is able to make all grace abound to you.
So that in all things,
At all times,
So that in all things,
Having all that you need.

You will abound, in every good thing,
Abound, having all that you need,
Abound, in every good deed,
You'll abound.





9 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And I wish that everyone in the world could have a mother as wonderful and kind and talented and funny and loving and Godly as mine. It would help them a lot...as it did us.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my dear sister - you are such a part of all of us, and help to make us who we are so in turn I believe that your wishes come true always! Thanks for being who you are . . . I love you.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Rose said…

    I wish...

    that I could sing and harmonize beautifully...
    that I could care so much about people...
    that I could spell...
    that I could lead so many groups, but still give everything 100%...
    that I could be so involved with church, but also seem to give all my children the attention they need...
    that I could remember so much information...
    that I could cook for so many people, and still make it taste great...
    that I could give so much of myself, and still expect nothing in return...
    that I could spend so much time on a post that made so many people feel appreciated...
    that I could grow up to be a Godly womaan and an example to others...

    the way my mommy does/is.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:08:00 PM, Blogger R's Mom said…

    I am overwhelmed!

    Once I was worshipping and just thanking God for being Him - and all of a sudden I started singing this song that was so beautiful - but I never heard it before. So here I was trying to give my Father a gift (of my worship) and He gives me one! He's so awesome!

    That's what those responses felt like. I just kept thinking of how much of a blessing certain people were and I suddenly figured out a way to tell them. And I end up with the gift! Not just your responses - but also because by writing it all down, I realized just how blessed I am. I felt like quoting Tom Cruise: "You (all)Complete Me!"

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If there were words to describe you, I suppose the dictionary would have them and I would insert them here. But hopelessly I am at a loss to describe the love that eminates from your heart, the brightness your smile brings, the peace your words give and the beauty your life blesses us all with...That blesses me. I suppose someday in Heaven I'll ask God for those words and then I could write a most magnificent letter full of those wonderful words. But alas, we're not in Heaven and any word wouldn't really give you any justice. That's the problem with words I guess; they never really hit the mark no matter how hard we try. But I suppose I don't have to try and I don't really need to ask God for words when I'm in Heaven. Connie Maxon says it all. The name that someday will be read from the Book of Life and warm the heart of our Lord and Savior and warm my heart because I was one of the fortunate ones who will have had the privelage of the beauty of knowing you, having you in my life, and having you as a second mom. And while I'm on this earth and your name isn't being read just yet, you in this world is like having a little piece of Heaven. God bless you. Love ya bunches!

     
  • At Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:08:00 PM, Blogger R's Mom said…

    I love you too, Bryce.

     
  • At Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love Mrs. Maxon... :-)

     
  • At Saturday, November 19, 2005 12:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And everyone should have a big sister to watch over him and lead him to Jesus the way I did. You touch a lot of lives and do all things well. Proverbs 31:29 "There many virtuous and capable women in the world but you surpass the all!" (NLT)

    Goober

     
  • At Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:06:00 AM, Blogger R's Mom said…

    I adore you little brother. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home