Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Wednesday Already?

Good Evening Everyone:

It's been a busy couple of days around here. I haven't posted since the weekend, because I had a mission. Get a package out to Tejla before she came home from Florida and sat behind me in church again! So on Saturday I made a couple of batches of biscotti (with and without nuts - yes I remembered, Jere...) and yesterday I wrapped everything up and shipped it out. Mission accomplished.


It was also Karen's birthday on Tuesday (Happy Birthday, Karen!) so I had another reason to get stuff out. I didn't know her address so I sent it to Jere's. I think he sees her once in a while. A third motivator was a lot of my other regulars were getting bogged down with papers and projects coming due - poor Tom's facing finals because he has trimesters at RIT- so I had a lot of people on my heart. Steve taste-tested everything on Sunday, so unless the post office messed something up you all should ok with quality control.

Can't wait to hear about Karen's birthday...and whether all the packages arrive ok tomorrow. Right now, I have pumpkin pies and pumpkin biscotti going in the oven. Tom also requested orange, so I better get that going next.

Oh yeah...guess who has brand new Blizzaks? Sophie does! All four tires. So there's not much that can prevent our next trip up to Canton on Tuesday for the Eye Dr. exams for John, Sarah and Rose's contacts appt. (as the Lord wills). Thanks, Dave!

Love to all,

Mom

Quoting Deuteronomy to the Devil
Rich Mullins and Beaker

John the Baptizer By the Jordan brook
Up comes this brood of vipers Just to take a look
John says, "There's a comin' of glory There's a comin' of wrath,
Some mighty things are comin' Comin' to pass"

Peter was a-preachin' At the Pentecost
Says you must turn around And you must be washed
'Cause there's a comin of glory, There's a comin' of wrath,
There's some mighty things a-comin' to pass Comin' to pass

Lord God Almighty Came as a preacher man
Fastin' down in the wilderness
Quotin' Deuteronomy to the Devil
And then He set His face like a flint Toward Jerusalem

Well they tried to silence Stephen With the sticks and stones
But his voice is still ringin' You can hear it in a gospel song
Singin' there's a comin' of glory, And there's a comin' of wrath,
There's some mighty things comin' Lord they're comin' to pass

There's a comin of glory, There's a comin' of wrath,
There's some mighty things comin' Comin' to pass

Copyright 1995 - Edward Grant, Inc. and Kid Brothers of St. Frank Publishing

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home