Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Friday, November 11, 2005

FOUR - BUT NO MORE

Saving the Best for Last...

Today is a very special day. It's my birthday. My Spiritual Birthday. I know a lot of you got saved when you were very young, and don't have your date, but I do. And it's November 11. 11/11/78. I distinctly remember driving in my car the day God (yes, God speaks to unsaved people or else NO one would ever get saved - see Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus in Acts) put a thought into my head, and I began pondering an event that had happened the week before in church.

I was on my way back to church one Sunday morning and my thoughts went back to the previous week's service, when the lady Pastor had caught Dave and I playing Connect the Dots during the sermon. I had looked up and she was staring at me with the saddest look on her face. We quickly put the pencils down and pretended to pay attention. It was hard though...after all it was like a 15 minute sermon! How were we expected to pay attention for that long, anyway? We were only 20!

So there I was in my car a week later, and her sad face comes back into my mind and I remember thinking I wonder why she looked so sad? I mean it's not like we were the only ones not paying attention. So I thought that through... Then I answered myself and determined that she must have been sad and disappointed because she believed what she was saying mattered - and we were acting like it didn't. Hmmmm.

I then actually thought to myself, she must believe the stuff she says is REAL. And suddenly a question formed in my mind, "Do you think it's real?" only it was more like, "Do you think I'm real?" It was then that I realized that I wasn't haven't a one-sided conversation. I KNEW the question was from God and He was asking me to answer it. When I did, I admitted "Yes". Then I felt like He said, "Then if you believe I am real will you choose me as your God?" I knew my answer to this second question was the key.

I did hesitate, because I knew it was so important, but I did say a few seconds later that I would choose Him as my Lord that day (inside my head still...). And the second I did, He saved me. Right there, in my car - all alone except for Me and Him. And suddenly I was filled with a joy you are all familiar with, I'm sure. The leaves were practically bursting off the trees, because my eyes were opened. It was like getting my first pairs of glasses all over again. He filled me up with His Love that day, and there was no denying His existance after that. We've had lots and lots of adventures since then, but none as important as that one. And that is why I love this Bebo song, because it reminds me of my salvation testimony! God and My's first date!

I love You, Lord!!! Happy Birthday to ME!

Love, MOM

Finding You
bebo norman

everything is alright, everything is so bright
and the sun is shining beautiful
everyone is singing, everyone is dreaming
and the world is so colorful
When You look back at me,
yeah You know it makes me sing

i'm finding You, in everything that shines
i'm finding You, in between the lines
i'm finding You, You open up my eyes, every time,
cause Your Love is so alive

Maybe You could stop time, hanging on to daylight
Doesn't ever have to go away.
I could sing a new song, maybe get the words wrong,
But You know just what I want to say
Cause when You look at me,
You know I still believe...

When broken things, are given wings
They fly away...You make me say

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home