Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Monday, July 17, 2006

SOMETIMES IT'S BETTER TO START THE WEEKEND ON THURSDAY...

Hellooooo...

I know. I am sorry. I am so remiss in my posting. I found the post started about my hospital stay in the drafts so I polished it up and sent it out to the ring - so to speak. I don't expect it to get much more than a E for Effort, but I do so hate incompletes.

The next thing I should catch you up on is John's near tragedy while haying last Friday. He was riding in the front end of a tractor bucket when it came loose and dumped him and two friends out. The other two were thrown clear, mostly, but John was run over by the front tire, leaving cool tread marks on his right upper thigh. The bucket was less than 6 inches from the ground then as it passed over his upper torso, leaving a 20" long scrape up his entire left side. It starts around by his kidney and ends above his rib. It is worthy of a pirate, I tell you. If you have any desire to see it, you'll only need ask, and he'll lift his teeshirt up quicker than something that's - well reaaaallly quick. The only lingering effect is his sore shoulder, which allows him now to predict squalls, thunderstorms or large flocks of herons and/or vultures moving through the neighborhood.

So, he's off farm duty for the time being, because as much as we can find the humor now, it was not a laughing matter, and we all know how differently it could have ended. Camp Shiloh stats soon anyway (July 30!), so he'll finish recovering down in Delta Lake.

We very much enjoyed a Missy visit this weekend. I have a picture from last night's Dexter Faith Fellowship Worship Band Concert up on the Saint Lawrence River, but it won't load. I'll try again tomorrow! It was of the set they did together, so I'll try to get it on soon. Now Missy's home and Steve and Sarah are off to Basketball Camp for the rest of this week. Steve's reffing, and Sarah's chasing balls and monitoring 12 years olds after bedtime, I expect. At least until Wednesday. Then she starts her camp. They'll be home on Saturday night!

We must run. John and I have an appointment out in the pool at 5PM!

Thanks for all of your prayers. I continue to improve!

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:57:00 AM, Blogger R's Mom said…

    I am entering the Camp Shiloh phase of my summer, where I spend all of my time getting the counselors set for two weeks of amazement in Delta Lake. It's a good thing I got sick in June!

    Camp Shiloh phase coincides this year with Uncle Carl's one visit this year, a huge chicken BBQ Fundraiser, and switching my office over to a new fiscal year (July 1). It is immediately followed by getting ready for our Annual meeting, another chicken BBQ and Rose's departure for college.

    What I am doing here??? Smelling the Roses...

    Love you (and miss you guys,)Dave.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home