Mom's Blog

Where I ramble endless wisdom out of my very core... galoshes may be required.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

EXCUSES, EXCUSES...

Reasons I haven't posted:

  • I was in Georgia/Alabama (oh wait, I posted from there once...).
  • We drove the 21 hour trip back in 27 hours with only one breakdown!
  • I was too tired for twelve -oops- thirteen days!
  • It was too warm.
  • It was too cold.
  • Because Job's Blog/Steve's Journal/Missy's Blogg/Goober's Journal/The Forums are more interesting (sorry Tom/Rose/Mike/Jere - you guys weren't posting either).
  • I had to work twice as hard at work to make up for being gone a whole week.
  • Tom's the next in my "Have You Met" series and he won't tell me what his dreams are so I have to make it up - and I'm sorry friends, but that kind of creative genius just takes time.
  • Rose kept me very busy last week, getting ready to go back to school.
  • And - it was Dave's birthday and we celebrated nonstop for the whole week ala Mardi Dave.
  • It was Mr. Bierce's birthday too, and since we had the floats...
  • I had to catch up with 24.
  • Libby threw up.
  • The checkbooks needed balancing (badly).
  • Fafsa!
  • Rose's checkbook needed balancing (not as badly).
  • We had to go to three basketball games.
  • My sore throat came back.
  • My nose will not stop running (since December 11!)!
  • Had five, no wait six, no- more like twelve fights- with Sarah. Made up all twelve times. She adores me!
  • Had to start a new live journal to keep an eye on Miss Sarah "Friends Only" Margaret Grace.
  • Haven't done anything there either - so don't look for it yet!
  • Had to remind her three times to "Friend Me".
  • Listened to Bryce's three new songs. You should hear them, too. Very nice, Bryce.
  • I had to use my Mother-in-law's car today and I had like two flat tires!
  • Learned how to use AAA.
  • Because no one commented on my last post (oops, until tonight), I thought you all were ok with my posting schedule! If you don't comment, how do I know you read it?

Things I did or didn't do because I hadn't posted:

  • Made no comments on Tom's last post (got a little hot over there... but hey, loved the hat!).
  • Made NO comments on Steve's last post (I got your water pressure right here, pal.)
  • Made no comments on Mike's last post (can't really beat his Dad's comments anyway!).
  • Jere didn't really post -so it's not applicable.
  • Made only a minor comment on Rose's last post (but I felt guilty).
  • Made a well thought-out, researched, spellchecked comment on Job's post about liberals, and waited for five days to see if he's comment on it and he didn't (But he probably saw it - he was just tired out from fighting with the Liberal. I beat down the disappointment and got on with life. Yes I know I insecure, but we prefer the term humble.).
  • Hardly went to the Forums at all (until today!).
  • Started my first thread at the Forums (Mindless Frivolity - Favorite Cartoon Song)! With a Poll! Flipped the Page, Baby! Flipped TWO pages, actually, so go vote already...(Editor's Note: Mike and Steve helped. Steve may have helped a lot! I'm just not sure!).
  • Called my Mother three times and went to lunch with her once.
  • Researched Plane tickets for Mom for Rachel Sweet's wedding!
  • Didn't read my brother's latest letter.
  • Didn't write back to my brother's latest letter.
  • Played my new penny whistle. Don't listen to anything Sarah says about it, either!
  • Didn't feel happy about life in general - always feeling like there was something else I should be doing...

There you go, boys and girls. I hope I haven't bored you to tears or lost my target audience!

Know you are loved,

MOM

DUCK TALES

Life is like a hurricane Here in Duckburg

Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes It's a duck-blur

Might solve a mystery Or rewrite history

CHORUS: DuckTales (oooh ooooh) Every day they're out there making DuckTales (oooh ooooh)

Tales of daring do bad and good LuckTales (oooh ooooh)

When it seems they're heading for the Final curtain

Cool deduction never fails That's for certain

The worst of messes Become successes

CHORUS D-D-D-Danger! Watch behind you There's a stranger out to find you

What to do? Just grab on to some DuckTales

CHORUS D-D-D-Danger! Watch behind you There's a stranger out to find you

What to do? Just grab on to some ... CHORUS (Twice)

Not pony tales or cotton tales, no DuckTales (ooh ooooh)

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home